Magical Unicorn Card

Posted on

Hello Peeps,

One of my daughters friends birthdays was coming up. My daughter has known her since daycare and now, in primary school, they are still friends, eventhough they aren’t in the same class. This girl LOVES unicorns so when I saw the Magical Unicorn stampset, I had to buy it, to make a card for her.

I enjoyed using a colour combination set by a challenge blog last time, which is why I used this colour combination from the My Favorite Things Challenge:┬áStone Gray, Blueberry, Berrylicious en Bubblegum. However, because I don’s have any MFT ink, I adjusted it to similar colours Tim Holtz Distress ink: Pumice Stone, Blueprint Sketch, Tumbled Glass en Spun Sugar. The blue isn’t as bold as the original combination but I still think the card looks very cute.

On a piece of Whisper White cardstock by Stampin’ Up, I stamped all the images from the set. Next, I used the second largest rectangle die from the CreaLies CLNest XXL nr. 36 set to cut 3 panels. By playing with the placement of the clouds and using both sides of the panel, I was able to create 4 layers of paper using the Puffy Cloud Border dies. I used Distress Ink in the colours Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar and my mini ink blending tool to give the cloudy background a magical look. I coloured the images using all four colours and my waterbrush. Eventually I decided not to use all the unicorns as it would be too busy. I fussy cut the images and ran them through my Xyron Stickermaker to give them a sticky layer on the back. After that I played around with the placement of the elements and choose where to stamp the sentiment, which I did using VersaFine Onyx Black and Tim Holtz Distress In in Blueprint Sketch. Next I attached the images. Some are flat to the page, while others are attached using foam tape to give some more depth to the card. I attached the panels to one another using my ATG gluegun. The front panel is attached using foamtape. To finish it off I used my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to add some sparkle to some of the elements. You can’t see it that well in the photo’s, but it’s very pretty in real life.

She was very happy with the card when she opened it at the school gate. It’s fun to see the reaction to something that was made so specifically and especially for someone.

If you have any questions or comments, I would love to read them in the section below the post.

See you next time,

Leonie


Koala Slider Card

Posted on

Hello Peeps,

It is high time for me to start posting again. As you can imagine, life with 3 children is quite hectic and crafting is no longer a high priority. However, to show you that I am serious about picking up blogging again, I’ve decided to do it bilingual from now on. I’ll give less background information and instead explain more clearly how I created the card of project so it’s easier to recreate. So without further a do, here is my first card since the babystop:

I started with the background. I cut two pieces of masking tape using the same grass-die from the Grassy Hillside Borders set. On one piece I put the die towards the top and on the other piece I put it towards the bottom in order to create masks. I put the grass mask on the card panel at about one third of the way up and coloured the sky using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and a mini ink blending tool. I removed the grass mask and applied the sky mask so I could colour the grass using Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I also applied the green ink to the card base at approximately the same height as on the panel. That way the colour of the foreground will flow into the background colour and the groove for in the panel will be less noticable. Using one of the dies from the Slide On Over set, I cut a groove out of the panel and stamped the sentiment. On a seperate scrap of paper I stamped the koala’s of the Cuddly Koalas stampset by My Favorite Things and made another bit of green ink blended background. I coloured the koala’s using Distress Ink in Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke and Black Soot. I fussycut them out and went around the edges using a black marker in order to get rid of any white edges. I punched two 5/8″ circles out of the green paper. Next I covered the back of the card panel with a double layer of foam tape, leaving an area free around the groove, so the green circles could move around freely. Before attaching my panel to the cardbase I used my powder tool by EK Success on the sides of the foamtape. This is to ensure that nothing will stick to the sides and that the discs can move freely. After that I attached the koalas to the green discs using some 2mm thick foamsquares. I brushed the sides of the foamsquares with the powder tool too. Now the koalas can easily slide towards each other.

The only thing I have left to do is to stamp a koala on the envelope so it matches and then it’s ready to be sent of to my dear friends in Macclesfield, England.

Let me know below in the comment section what you think of my new approach. I look forward to hearing from you.

See you soon!

Leonie